You have been diligent with your sun protection and are thankful for no sunburn, but are you wondering if your skin will ever be free from those super protective sunscreen actives? Â The Soleil OrganiqueÂ® water-resistant, minerally based line is designed to stay put and protect your skin regardless of exposure to water which means it will likely linger even after a shower. Â So, if you’re curious about how to deal with sunscreen residue, you’ve come to the right place. Â We recommend a gentle, natural DIY treatment for your BEST summer skin yet. Settle in for an evening of exfoliating!
Benefits of Exfoliating
- buffs away dry, dull skin cells
- stimulates circulatory system
- maximizes benefits of other skin care products
- minimizes appearance of cellulite
- leaves a healthy, natural, radiant glow
- buffing cloths or gloves convenient for all over scrubbing
- natural bristle brushes
- loofahs for hard-to-reach places like the back
- organic cotton washcloth
While the right exfoliating tools and a naturally based store bought exfoliant product can achieve great results, why not try our favorite 3 step homemade concoction? Plus, by preparing a freshly made scrub yourself, you are sure to avoid any toxic chemicals.
3 Key Exfoliating Components
- Scrubbing agent â€“ brown sugar (natural, gentle but effective at exfoliating)
- Oil â€“ organic jojoba or coconut (full of vitamins, help firm, moisturize, highly nutritious and best at penetrating skin)
- Humectant â€“ honey (attracts and retains moisture, rich in antioxidants, is a natural anti-bacterial and softens skin)
The S.O. Post-Sunscreen Scrub Recipe
-1 tbsp brown sugar
-1 tbsp organic jojoba or coconut oil (we like to rotate between the two)
-1 tbsp honey
(optional): 2 drops of healing essential oils like lavender and/or rose hip
This recipe makes enough exfoliating scrub for the face and neck. Increase for a whole body scrub to Â½ cup of each ingredient.
Massage gently over the face and more vigorously over the entire body. Â Allow the natural ingredients to soak into your skin and then rinse thoroughly. Enjoy a warm washcloth placed over the face followed by your favorite nighttime moisturizer.
Please leave a comment and tell us if you plan to try our post-sunscreen exfoliating treatment this summer. Or do you have a favorite scrub recipe that you love? Share it with us!